FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

92 Blazer Project

Moderator: Moderators

<<

powdercoater

Post Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:43 am

92 Blazer Project

So ive always just been a guess on this board and now i have finally signed up. This is a project that Ive had since Feb. 2004. I bought it from a guy in Maryland and had it shipped to Missouri. I bought it already body dropped 4 3/4. When i finally got the blazer in my hands i saw that it was not really done correctly and I procceded to change things a couple of different time, then i just gave up on it for a couple of year, as it was a lost cause and I didnt feel like working on it anymore. It was very close to going to the scrap yard a few months ago, and then i decided to not give up and fix everything the way i want it done and to do it correctly. The following pics are from when i got it, some changes i made, and all the the shitty work Ive found while working on it.

Here the blazer the day it was shipped to me from Maryland (didnt come with the wheels)

Here is just some of the crappy work i found and got picture of

The next pictures are from the redone rearend that I did before I did alot of research on what I wanted to run in the rear

Some of the firewall while i was attempting to fix it
Last edited by powdercoater on Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

powdercoater

Post Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:55 am

Re: 92 Blazer Porject

Now since ive decided to start to work on this thing again and do everything the way i want it done, things are going to change. For one I am 6'6 so a loss of almost 5 inchs of head room just wasnt setting real well with me. So I am going to "stockfloor" it, I just got a front frame section from a friend of mine and have also already gotten some of my steel. I am also going to cut the entire floor and firewall out of it and make a new floor and firewall. This should clean up and the mess and then i will move onto the body and what not. Here are the latest picture from this morning. Got the new frame in the shop and up on jackstands, cut the rails of i didnt need and flipped it over to start on the spring pockets. The frame is missing and frame horn but i do have it and will tackle that before i drop the frame horns.

New frame in the shop on jackstands

Stripped of all the parts, cut off, and flipped over to attend to the spring pockets

Most of the steel i will need for the floor and frame rails.

That gets everyone caught up to today, Im hoping to start building the frame this weekend. If i can find a disc brake rear end from a newer S10 Blazer sometime soon. I will post more pictures as the build continues. Please post any concerns, questions, or sugestions you have. Im all ears. Also what would everyone run as a rear link setup and bag placement? pictures would be very nice also.

Thanks,
Brad
<<

laydout65

Stock Floored
Stock Floored

Post Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:56 pm

Re: 92 Blazer Project

looking good cant wait to see it done
<<

phatfarmer2

DONATING MEMBER

Post Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:01 pm

wooo a blazer!!!!!! cant wait to see more
G4L
"continuing where the factory left off"
v8, bagged, body dropped, shaved... driven......
<<

Reginoble1995blazer

Post Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:26 am

hey im new to body drops and i want to body my 1995 blazer in tips on were to start any info would be helpfull

Return to Member Projects