FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

couple of newbie questions.

Moderator: Moderators

<<

mtl0727

Post Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:58 am

couple of newbie questions.

I used the search function but maybe im not using the proper wording, just thought I would try here next. Heres whats going on:
I have an 07 cc 2wd 1500 classic body style. I purchased a 5-7 drop from Mcgaughy's got the proper front shocks rear shocks and shock extenders. Up front I replaced upper and lower control arms they came w/ new bushings and ball joints, I even purchased new hubs the kit came w/ spindles and the coils. I figure since I have it apart might as well do the damn thing right. Out back just a flip kit, rear shackles, new lowered shocks from Mcaughys and shock extenders. I got it all together and the back end seems to bounce all over the place. I understand once a vehicle is lowered its not going to ride like a factory vehicle. Im just looking for some advice maybe i over looked something or installed something wrong. The rear shackles I mounted the leaf spring to the highest setting. Any advice is appreciated.
aut viam inveniam aut faciam
in omnia paratus
07 half ton chevy crew cab 2wd short bed 5-7 drop more to come...
<<

AfterhoursFab

DONATING MEMBER

Post Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:36 am

Re: couple of newbie questions.

Is the axle too close to or sitting on the frame? Not sure what you mean by bouncing all over the place, like real stiff or too soft and floaty?
http://www.afterhoursfabrication.com

Direct distributor of Lowrider Depot, Airlift Co, and The Hoffman Group products.
<<

mtl0727

Post Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:57 pm

i havent had the frame c'notched yet, i failed to mention that it was late when i posted and didnt include that. now that i think about it...i should have the frame c notched first then see how it rides then If im not satisfied i can post up whats going on. As far as the ride goes now, its not so much like floating more of a bouncing...thats the only way i can describe it. I cut the bump stops off the frame. Hmmmm im @ work now when i get home ill go for a spin and see if i cant better describe the way it rides lol. :geek:
in omnia paratus
<<

AfterhoursFab

DONATING MEMBER

Post Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:54 am

Sounds like the axle is sitting right on the frame, truck needs a notch!
http://www.afterhoursfabrication.com

Direct distributor of Lowrider Depot, Airlift Co, and The Hoffman Group products.
<<

mtl0727

Post Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:49 pm

your absolutley right, i guess i didnt realize how close the axle tubes were to the frame. Thats my next project to tackle. Thank you for the insight.
in omnia paratus

Return to Suspension