FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

any old bicycle guys? got me a raleigh reliant for free!

Moderator: Moderators

<<

royalblueblood

DONATING MEMBER

Post Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:24 pm

any old bicycle guys? got me a raleigh reliant for free!

picked up a raleigh reliand 10 speed today on the side of the road with a free sign on it1 put air in the tires and it rides great. been wanting to get back in to riding again so this is perfect! tryin to find out what year its from. i have the ser# to. anyone know? im thinkin its like1980 judging by some info i found on google. ill post a pic when i get home!

<<

B-Line

DONATING MEMBER

Post Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:57 am

Re: any old bicycle guys? got me a raleigh reliant for free!

Not up on my Raliegh's, but free is always sweet! Last freebei bike I got like that was my 1947 Admiral, made by the Arnold Schwinn & co back before they dropped the Arnold from the name.
<<

roaddragger

Bagged
Bagged

Post Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:02 pm

i think vinnie is a old school bike guy now - he picked up a old school bike back maybe 2 summers ago.. , and i think manson got a old school bike too if i recall cause he posted to vinnies thread.
<<

xonair

DONATING MEMBER

Post Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:15 pm

I had a mid to late 80's 20" hutch that I would ride, but I sold it to someone on s10f for 100 bucks back in 04. Wished I never did that. Bike was always easy and comfortable to ride
LOWKEY
eriK

The light is getting brighter
<<

B-Line

DONATING MEMBER

Post Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:58 pm

xonair wrote:I had a mid to late 80's 20" hutch that I would ride, but I sold it to someone on s10f for 100 bucks back in 04. Wished I never did that. Bike was always easy and comfortable to ride

Dude, Hutches are fetching big bucks nowadays, they were the shit way back when!
<<

xonair

DONATING MEMBER

Post Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:19 pm

B-Line wrote:
xonair wrote:I had a mid to late 80's 20" hutch that I would ride, but I sold it to someone on s10f for 100 bucks back in 04. Wished I never did that. Bike was always easy and comfortable to ride

Dude, Hutches are fetching big bucks nowadays, they were the shit way back when!

Yeah I know, thats why I kick myself in ass. I remember the hutch factory being right down the street where I lived and we had a neighbor who worked there. He would always bring us bike parts home. But I was the only one with a hutch frame. Everyone else just had hutch parts lol.
LOWKEY
eriK

The light is getting brighter

Return to Sports