FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

tow pig (comments; suggestions)

Moderator: Moderators

<<

Easterby

Site Admin

Post Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:09 am

Dan I gotta say I've had a 1/2ton F-150 v8, a 1ton F-350 V-10, and driven a bunch of Diesels towing and I gotta say HANDS DOWN, if your gonna invest in a tow pig get a crew cab diesel 3/4ton truck! I shared the ride home with B from Indy i think and his shit pulled sweet and feels super safe! Sure you can use a 1/2ton gas pickup but with the price of gas, diesel is the only way to go.
L8R
Eric
//NC\\ Delaware
<<

SoLow67GMC

Stock Floored
Stock Floored

Post Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:06 am

id say the tundra will be a great truck.. it is exactly what all those commercials say it is.. its a well built truck.. it will pull your taco easily.. but it will eat up gass... they are a very nice looking truck also.. my wife likes them but i stick with the domestic trucks.. even though that truck is built in the united states and has more american parts in it then ford chevy and dodge combinded.... you could never go wrong with a diesel though.. with the tundra you MIGHT get 20 mpg with NO load on it... planned right you can get 20 mpg towning with a diesel.... i bought my d max used with 65,000 miles on it and i paid $24,000 and it will last longer then any brand new gasser truck that i was looking at!! i have 98,000 miles on it now and i havent had a problem yet(knock on wood) only bad thing is PA registration is crazy nhigh for this truck!! i dont know how they are in VA though.. tolls are higher on the PA turnpike also
- Dave-

heres some pictures of my new truck on dieselplace.com

http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/garage.php?do=view&g=1647
<<

redsonoma97

DONATING MEMBER

Post Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:57 pm

CamberBrandt wrote:
drgn-hrdr-thn-ur-trk wrote:stop by the camber / grapicdisorder are at g4l. brandt and I can give you all the info you'll need :TUP:

There ya go, and if he wants to stick around ill take him for a ride with a loaded 26ft enclosed trailer after the show, he will forget its back there :eek:

Honestly Tundras are great trucks... let me say it again plush great trucks, my pops has a 06, had a 04, and a 02. Love them. But he hooked up his 6x10 ft motorcylce trailer and took it from PA to IN with a harley on it, haha thing couldnt' have weigh'd 1500 lbs probably. Got 7-9 miles to the gallon on the trip. So untill they step up with a truck with real pulling power I can not recommend a Tundra.

I love my Dmax... bottom line it pulls, and never stops pulling it doesn't even down shift on some of the largest hills you can find in the interstate system, ive been all over with it. Effortless to pull.

Yep Dmax all the way i love mine pulls 24ft enclosed with no problem's
Ben //NC\\ PA
<<

wicked ranger

DONATING MEMBER

Post Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:50 pm

Ford,chevy or a dodge diesel would be good.
Its not hard to have the badest ranger out there. Just ask me how!!!!!!!!!
<<

TOYDLYF

Bagged
Bagged

Post Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:22 am

THANKS GUYS ...sounds like diesel is the way to go for towing, how is it w/o a trailer, still decent on mpg? the truck will act also as a "family wagon" lol..
and no chris i wont be investing in a one of those topkick 80k+ monsters..
it is too much truck

im flippin around the net lookin at trailers......
$ shit's expensive, im half tempted to just keep drivin the taco like ive been :eek: :wave:

pursuing minitruck perfection...it's never done!!
<<

1LOWDIESEL

DONATING MEMBER

Post Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:32 am

go dodge or chevy please. no furds. the dodge will get youa little better mileage though. and yea you will still get great mailage while not towing of course. also stay away from the 07.5 and 08 diesel's they suck on milage and are goin to be nothing but a problem later down the road w/ all those stupid emmision regs.
Kyle
xtremediesel.com ext 200
"friends don't let friends drive Fords"
<<

wicked ranger

DONATING MEMBER

Post Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:11 pm

I will have to politely disagree. There is nothing wrong with a ford.
Its not hard to have the badest ranger out there. Just ask me how!!!!!!!!!
<<

///RA Bobby

DONATING MEMBER

Post Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:50 am

my 7.3 pulls its ass off and has 112k on it no prbs
<<

1LOWDIESEL

DONATING MEMBER

Post Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:40 am

i guess i should have been more specific what i meant by no furds was no 6.0's ask brandt how many he's seen broken down on the side of the road w/ a trailer
Kyle
xtremediesel.com ext 200
"friends don't let friends drive Fords"
<<

GraphicDisorder

Site Admin

Post Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:55 am

1LOWDIESEL wrote:i guess i should have been more specific what i meant by no furds was no 6.0's ask brandt how many he's seen broken down on the side of the road w/ a trailer

Ive seen enough of them that I dont think id buy any ford because of it. Maybe they are fine, maybe they aren't. Ive seen enough of them broke im not gonna risk it.
PreviousNext

Return to Tow Pigs/Trailers