FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

What is the big deal about a Duramax?

Moderator: Moderators

<<

minitrucker29

Stock Floored
Stock Floored

Post Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:15 am

Damn. Brandt how does your truck accelerate. How does the torque feel. I just want a d-max to roast the tires and smoke hondas. Do you really notice a difference running level 5 on the edge juice.
<<

GraphicDisorder

Site Admin

Post Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:30 am

minitrucker29 wrote:Damn. Brandt how does your truck accelerate. How does the torque feel. I just want a d-max to roast the tires and smoke hondas. Do you really notice a difference running level 5 on the edge juice.

Turning the edge on and off is a night and day difference and is noticably more powerfull every level you go up. Ask Easterby about the burn out marks that stayed over a year on his road after a 20second burn out by me, funny part was is there was a dakota next to me doing a burn out that lasted probably 2-3 minutes that washed away after a couple rains. My burn outs my still even be there, they where there when he moved away im pretty sure.

Truck accels effortlessly, trailer or no trailer. Guys with similar mods to me are in the 13's with there 7,500lb trucks. Guys with twins are in the 10's with a 7,500lb truck. Impressive if you ask me...
<<

minitrucker29

Stock Floored
Stock Floored

Post Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:33 am

Thanks Brandt are the Edge kits easy to install? Can they give a cummins a good run for the money.
<<

GraphicDisorder

Site Admin

Post Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:36 am

minitrucker29 wrote:Thanks Brandt are the Edge kits easy to install? Can they give a cummins a good run for the money.

Ive pulled a buddies Cummins backwards a few inches before the straps broke. Tug of war style.

Edge installs in minutes.
<<

minitrucker29

Stock Floored
Stock Floored

Post Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:45 am

What about installing a MBRP turbo back exhaust.
<<

GraphicDisorder

Site Admin

Post Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:02 am

minitrucker29 wrote:What about installing a MBRP turbo back exhaust.

I did it in my driveway in a couple hours... getting the old out was no fun. Installing was quick/easy.
<<

Draggindimes

DONATING MEMBER

Post Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:31 am

I have an 03 duramax, I love it. Only oddball problems like my speedometer not working like mentioned. butas far as the engine goes, not a single complaint.

Lets put it this way, Two months ago i went out to Indiana to take a tour of the Jasper Reman plant. When we got to the diesel section they had plenty of Cummins and MANY MANY powerstrokes. Not one duramax. I asked one of the guys there about the duramax and how many they see. He said they only see a handfull every year. And this is the largest reman plant in the country. that says alot about that engine.

Oh and they made over 35 updates to the 6.0L powerstroke.....LOL
<<

GraphicDisorder

Site Admin

Post Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:45 am

Draggindimes wrote:I have an 03 duramax, I love it. Only oddball problems like my speedometer not working like mentioned. butas far as the engine goes, not a single complaint.

Lets put it this way, Two months ago i went out to Indiana to take a tour of the Jasper Reman plant. When we got to the diesel section they had plenty of Cummins and MANY MANY powerstrokes. Not one duramax. I asked one of the guys there about the duramax and how many they see. He said they only see a handfull every year. And this is the largest reman plant in the country. that says alot about that engine.

Oh and they made over 35 updates to the 6.0L powerstroke.....LOL

I have heard similar before.
<<

Shelly

Site Admin

Post Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:59 am

the edge is well worth the money - like he said, it's night and day difference. you can throw it in level 5 and you let off the brake and it feels like your in 4 wheel drive it's so torquey...it's nuts! plus i think it activates at 180 or 188 degrees, so when the engine reaches that temp, you can feel the change in the motor instantly.

you literally just unplug the harness, and plug in the juice harness right into that, then plug the harness in..its like 2 seconds. most of the time is spent routing the wire for the display box into the cab.
Shelly
...It's not easy being a gingerkid.
<<

SoLow67GMC

Stock Floored
Stock Floored

Post Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:03 pm

minitrucker29 wrote:. Do you really notice a difference running level 5 on the edge juice.

OH MY GOD YES YOU CAN.. on the way home from work.. i got it completely side ways pulling out normal from a stop sign.. i for got it was in level 5!!!
- Dave-

heres some pictures of my new truck on dieselplace.com

http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/garage.php?do=view&g=1647
PreviousNext

Return to Tow Pigs/Trailers