Moderator: Moderators

<<

TOYDLYF

Bagged
Bagged

Post Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:06 pm

tow pig (comments; suggestions)

afternoon fellow dropndraggers

well, i kinda need a new truck..my wife is pregnant with our first child :wave: :rockin: due nov4 and well she made a good point the other day
how are the 3 of us gonna travel around next summer with a tacoma that has only 2 seats ?? (xtra cab, but has stereo equip and i took out the jump seats :nana: )

so to cut to the chase, heres my opportunity to get a truck with 4 doors and a bed! always wanted to be able to trailer the taco for peace of mind and keepin it cleaner, keep off the miles etc

what should i really be lookin for? i know im leanin towards a tundra v8 maybe 04-07 ...but id consider a domestic...
any input on trailers as well????

i know some of you guys can gimmee some input, maybe what to look for whatever, i know im gonna need a tow hitch, but is automatic the only way to go? im sure ill need to add a tranny cooler, maybe even an elec brake controller, but what are your experiences with those that tow?

sorry for all the lame ?'s, but ive never really towed anything before, let alone my pride and joy....any input would be appreciated
---thanks guys and gals
-dan

pursuing minitruck perfection...it's never done!!
<<

GroundedSST

DONATING MEMBER

Post Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:15 pm

Im also in the market and I found out that the 2007 ram 2500's have a crazy rebate going on them now. I found a quad cab locally with the snow chief package and list was 36 and they said i could get it out the door for 26 and then they would give me 22 for my chrysler so 2k more and im in a 4 door ram 4x4.
<<

minitrucker4lyfe

Stock Floored
Stock Floored

Post Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:55 pm

personally for something thats going to be pulling a car trailer I would have to go for a diesel soo much more torque and the diesel should help on the gas theres my 2cent.

p.s. go with the trailer brakes.
<<

Chop Top

Stock Floored
Stock Floored

Post Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:30 pm

dont buy a dodge. They sell em cheap for a reason. I bought a brand new one last yr and its literally falling apart. I would def go diesel tho if you want to tow with it. But the new tundras are wicked nice but the price tag is high
Formerly avenge this

AA
<<

drgn-hrdr-thn-ur-trk

Site Admin

Post Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:18 pm

stop by the camber / grapicdisorder are at g4l. brandt and I can give you all the info you'll need :TUP:
//NC\\ New Jersey
<<

Altered Image

DONATING MEMBER

Post Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:24 pm

I have had no problems with the Megacab. Would I buy a dodge again? I like the style, I like the Cummins, I don't like the stock tranny but the new one is kick ass! So ya for just under 60 I have a pretty decent truck.
Joshua Klein
Altered Image Customs
496 Norwich Rd
Plainfield CT 06374
1-860-564-5667
CT Licensed and Insured
http://www.alteredimagecustom.com
info@alteredimagecustom.com
<<

wicked ranger

DONATING MEMBER

Post Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:36 pm

I would make sure you get the brake controller. No matter what tow pig you get. You need to stop. If you have to stop on a dime the stock brakes arent going to cut it. Ask questions and do some research on your own. Everybody has there own opinions. I like ford diesels. Some people hate them. In the end get what you want.
Its not hard to have the badest ranger out there. Just ask me how!!!!!!!!!
<<

ndaweeds

OLD SKOOL

Post Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:00 am

big baller dan heres some of my 2cents.....and i expect change lol.

and this is pimp. you could bring the whole club along....lol
<<

CT525

DONATING MEMBER

Post Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:04 am

I am a powerstroke diesel fan myself. My dads owned nothing but them. Pulls his work trailer everyday through the mountains of TN with no problems. But like everyone else has said, Get what makes you happy.
<<

GraphicDisorder

Site Admin

Post Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:53 am

drgn-hrdr-thn-ur-trk wrote:stop by the camber / grapicdisorder are at g4l. brandt and I can give you all the info you'll need :TUP:

There ya go, and if he wants to stick around ill take him for a ride with a loaded 26ft enclosed trailer after the show, he will forget its back there :eek:

Honestly Tundras are great trucks... let me say it again plush great trucks, my pops has a 06, had a 04, and a 02. Love them. But he hooked up his 6x10 ft motorcylce trailer and took it from PA to IN with a harley on it, haha thing couldnt' have weigh'd 1500 lbs probably. Got 7-9 miles to the gallon on the trip. So untill they step up with a truck with real pulling power I can not recommend a Tundra.

I love my Dmax... bottom line it pulls, and never stops pulling it doesn't even down shift on some of the largest hills you can find in the interstate system, ive been all over with it. Effortless to pull.
Next

Return to Tow Pigs/Trailers