Anybody ran EFI Live on Duramax?

Moderator: Moderators

<<

minitrucker29

Stock Floored
Stock Floored

Post Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:10 am

Anybody ran EFI Live on Duramax?

I was wondering if you heard about the new programer for the D-max Diesel called EFI Live. I heard that it is better than the Edge with Juice Additude. This is what most Duramax guys been telling me to go with
<<

1LOWDIESEL

DONATING MEMBER

Post Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:42 am

i really been thinking about switching to it and just running the attitude monitor for gauges. it's deff the best system on the market for the d-max. and for $749 it's priced just right.
Kyle
xtremediesel.com ext 200
"friends don't let friends drive Fords"
<<

GraphicDisorder

Site Admin

Post Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:00 am

1LOWDIESEL wrote:i really been thinking about switching to it and just running the attitude monitor for gauges. it's deff the best system on the market for the d-max. and for $749 it's priced just right.

Ya but without tranny upgrades its almost pointless to have that much control.

When you going to stuff a Suncoast in that truck to handle the power you have?
<<

1LOWDIESEL

DONATING MEMBER

Post Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:06 am

ha i gotta work on getting it back first! make up your damn mind do you want to see the front laid out or a trans in it, lol.

i believe w/ efi you can make trans pressure adjustments in order to handle the added power. but i'm not positive.
Kyle
xtremediesel.com ext 200
<<

GraphicDisorder

Site Admin

Post Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:42 am

1LOWDIESEL wrote:ha i gotta work on getting it back first! make up your damn mind do you want to see the front laid out or a trans in it, lol.

i believe w/ efi you can make trans pressure adjustments in order to handle the added power. but i'm not positive.

Ya but the clutch pack is only so strong. A good tranny will be lucky to hold 500hp for short life.
<<

1LOWDIESEL

DONATING MEMBER

Post Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:54 am

i know i know. you know how much it sucks to tell people all day long that they need to make trans upgrades, then when they ask me what i have done i'm like ummm i'm still stock.lol
Kyle
xtremediesel.com ext 200
<<

GraphicDisorder

Site Admin

Post Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:12 pm

1LOWDIESEL wrote:i know i know. you know how much it sucks to tell people all day long that they need to make trans upgrades, then when they ask me what i have done i'm like ummm i'm still stock.lol

Thats why im easy on my truck. Ive probably floored it less than 10 times. I dont want tranny problems. And I cant afford 5k for suncoast shit... and im not doing it unless I do it right.
<<

CamberIN

DONATING MEMBER

Post Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:50 pm

CamberBrandt wrote:
1LOWDIESEL wrote:i know i know. you know how much it sucks to tell people all day long that they need to make trans upgrades, then when they ask me what i have done i'm like ummm i'm still stock.lol

Thats why im easy on my truck. Ive probably floored it less than 10 times. I dont want tranny problems. And I cant afford 5k for suncoast shit... and im not doing it unless I do it right.

Does that count the time you launched it on level 4 at 4k RPM :) LOL
-Scott-
<<

SoLow67GMC

Stock Floored
Stock Floored

Post Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:52 pm

1LOWDIESEL wrote:ha i gotta work on getting it back first! make up your damn mind do you want to see the front laid out or a trans in it, lol.

you can change anything that is computer controlled on the truck.. fuel curves trans shift points.. pressure adjustments.. but most of the people who buy and put it on there trucks first thing they do is crank the HP up and break something first then change other things later! i talked to two people who did that.. one just wanted to make more black smoke so he just played with the things to make it do that (dumbass) limped it twice.. then smoked the torque converter.. before he could figure out what was wrong lol!!
- Dave-

heres some pictures of my new truck on dieselplace.com

http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/garage.php?do=view&g=1647
<<

GraphicDisorder

Site Admin

Post Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:57 pm

CamberIN wrote:
CamberBrandt wrote:

Does that count the time you launched it on level 4 at 4k RPM :) LOL

Ive done some 2,500rpm 4x4 launches, pretty nice.... lol.
Next

Return to Tow Pigs/Trailers