FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Anybody ran EFI Live on Duramax?

Moderator: Moderators

<<

GraphicDisorder

Site Admin

Post Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:59 pm

SoLow67GMC wrote:
1LOWDIESEL wrote:ha i gotta work on getting it back first! make up your damn mind do you want to see the front laid out or a trans in it, lol.

i believe w/ efi you can make trans pressure adjustments in order to handle the added power. but i'm not positive.

you can change anything that is computer controlled on the truck.. fuel curves trans shift points.. pressure adjustments.. but most of the people who buy and put it on there trucks first thing they do is crank the HP up and break something first then change other things later! i talked to two people who did that.. one just wanted to make more black smoke so he just played with the things to make it do that (dumbass) limped it twice.. then smoked the torque converter.. before he could figure out what was wrong lol!!

Ya ive done alot of reading on it on Dieselplace. Not much of a point for it without a built tranny really. Now EFI and a built tranny watch out, you will be riding a rocket... a bullet proof one.
<<

SoLow67GMC

Stock Floored
Stock Floored

Post Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:40 pm

they way i look at it is .. that program is pointless for me and the way i use my truck.. my edge works just fine for me.. even thats over board for me.. im not racing people, im not towing 30,000 pounds, im not tractor pulling.. i didnt spend 30 g's to build a high HP truck.. everything i tow and haul will fit into the stock peramitors of the truck.. thats just my personal opinion though!
- Dave-

heres some pictures of my new truck on dieselplace.com

http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/garage.php?do=view&g=1647
<<

1LOWDIESEL

DONATING MEMBER

Post Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:55 pm

SoLow67GMC wrote:they way i look at it is .. that program is pointless for me and the way i use my truck.. my edge works just fine for me.. even thats over board for me.. im not racing people, im not towing 30,000 pounds, im not tractor pulling.. i didnt spend 30 g's to build a high HP truck.. everything i tow and haul will fit into the stock peramitors of the truck.. thats just my personal opinion though!

that's exactly the same opinion that 80% of our customers have. not everyone is looking for tire buring HP. most only want the better fuel mileage and a little lane changing power.
Kyle
xtremediesel.com ext 200
"friends don't let friends drive Fords"
<<

GraphicDisorder

Site Admin

Post Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:57 pm

1LOWDIESEL wrote:
SoLow67GMC wrote:they way i look at it is .. that program is pointless for me and the way i use my truck.. my edge works just fine for me.. even thats over board for me.. im not racing people, im not towing 30,000 pounds, im not tractor pulling.. i didnt spend 30 g's to build a high HP truck.. everything i tow and haul will fit into the stock peramitors of the truck.. thats just my personal opinion though!

that's exactly the same opinion that 80% of our customers have. not everyone is looking for tire buring HP. most only want the better fuel mileage and a little lane changing power.

I wouldn't mind a boost stick, fuel pressure mod, and a built tranny just so I can use all the power I have and never have to worry about a problem. But im satisfied, my truck moves down the road excellent for a 7,500lb truck and that will do for me right now.
<<

wicked ranger

DONATING MEMBER

Post Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:06 pm

I hear of alot of people saying they blew the tranny up in there truck and then i ask them what all do you have done to it. And sure enough they either say alot of stuff or they will say that they run it with the chip all the way turned up. Thats why people have so manny tranny problems. With these trucks starting to put out alot of hp a tranny upgrade is a good thing to do. :gd:
Its not hard to have the badest ranger out there. Just ask me how!!!!!!!!!
<<

SoLow67GMC

Stock Floored
Stock Floored

Post Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:47 pm

the tranny can handle most of it.. the torque converter wont at all!!
- Dave-

<<

minitrucker29

Stock Floored
Stock Floored

Post Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:59 am

I might upgrade the torque converter for harder shifts when I get mine
<<

SoLow67GMC

Stock Floored
Stock Floored

Post Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:52 pm

CamberBrandt wrote:
CamberIN wrote:
CamberBrandt wrote:
1LOWDIESEL wrote:i know i know. you know how much it sucks to tell people all day long that they need to make trans upgrades, then when they ask me what i have done i'm like ummm i'm still stock.lol

Thats why im easy on my truck. Ive probably floored it less than 10 times. I dont want tranny problems. And I cant afford 5k for suncoast shit... and im not doing it unless I do it right.

Does that count the time you launched it on level 4 at 4k RPM :) LOL

Ive done some 2,500rpm 4x4 launches, pretty nice.... lol.

keep those up.. the next store we will hear is how you busted a drive shaft or broke the front axle... if heard of it happening..
- Dave-

<<

GraphicDisorder

Site Admin

Post Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:56 pm

SoLow67GMC wrote:
CamberBrandt wrote:
CamberIN wrote:
CamberBrandt wrote:
1LOWDIESEL wrote:i know i know. you know how much it sucks to tell people all day long that they need to make trans upgrades, then when they ask me what i have done i'm like ummm i'm still stock.lol

Thats why im easy on my truck. Ive probably floored it less than 10 times. I dont want tranny problems. And I cant afford 5k for suncoast shit... and im not doing it unless I do it right.

Does that count the time you launched it on level 4 at 4k RPM :) LOL

Ive done some 2,500rpm 4x4 launches, pretty nice.... lol.

keep those up.. the next store we will hear is how you busted a drive shaft or broke the front axle... if heard of it happening..

Im not worried about it, ive been less hard on my truck than you id bet on it. Ive probably floored my truck less than 10 times.
<<

SoLow67GMC

Stock Floored
Stock Floored

Post Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:09 pm

:TUP:
- Dave-

PreviousNext

Return to Tow Pigs/Trailers