Should I buy it or not?

Moderator: Moderators

<<

minitrucker29

Stock Floored
Stock Floored

Post Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:08 pm

Should I buy it or not?

I was looking at a used 2007 Chevy Duramax for sale sale. It is black, quad cab, 4x4, and fully loaded with bose system, leathers, sunroof, etc. It only has 12k miles and going for 38k. My main question is should I buy it?
<<

wicked ranger

DONATING MEMBER

Post Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:38 pm

Re: Should I buy it or not?

If the blue book value matches up with the price and its in great shape i would say yes. You talk about the duramaxs alot so i assume its what you reallly want. The only downfall is diesel prices. If you can afford it and really dont have far to drive to work then go for it. Diesels are fun. Or if you have a beater then i wouldnt worry about fuel prices.
Its not hard to have the badest ranger out there. Just ask me how!!!!!!!!!
<<

minitrucker29

Stock Floored
Stock Floored

Post Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:26 am

wicked ranger wrote:If the blue book value matches up with the price and its in great shape i would say yes. You talk about the duramaxs alot so i assume its what you reallly want. The only downfall is diesel prices. If you can afford it and really dont have far to drive to work then go for it. Diesels are fun. Or if you have a beater then i wouldnt worry about fuel prices.

I am leaning more to the d-max. I just everything about them. They are fast for a stock truck and get good mileage for a diesel. I am not planning on it being daily driver. That is why I am keeping my Honda for commuting 30 miles to work one way. I just love diesels. It is something about that torque
<<

wicked ranger

DONATING MEMBER

Post Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:34 pm

Or you could also buy another dmax with maybe a few more miles, maybe another year or two older and save some money. Then you could go out and buy a project truck or even shepards s-10!! :dnd:
Its not hard to have the badest ranger out there. Just ask me how!!!!!!!!!
<<

minitrucker29

Stock Floored
Stock Floored

Post Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:00 pm

wicked ranger wrote:Or you could also buy another dmax with maybe a few more miles, maybe another year or two older and save some money. Then you could go out and buy a project truck or even shepards s-10!! :dnd:

A couple of guys also recomended to me getting an older 2000 ish Dodge Ram with a Cummins. I need something to tow around projects. I just want something cool that I can roll for the summer
<<

Jeff AcrophobiA

Stock Floored
Stock Floored

Post Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:15 pm

I just read that Ben may be selling his.. I may be in the same boat.. Im not happy with the prices of fuel. Each day Diesel is going up.. Im ready to give up.. sell the truck and buy a honda.. Just remember the price of fuel.. It was $4.39 here today
<<

GraphicDisorder

Site Admin

Post Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:21 pm

I really think the diesel prices will have to stabalize again...

Remember a couple years ago when 1000's of truckers just pulled over on the highways striking against the pricing.
<<

Jeff AcrophobiA

Stock Floored
Stock Floored

Post Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:31 am

CamberBrandt wrote:I really think the diesel prices will have to stabalize again...

Remember a couple years ago when 1000's of truckers just pulled over on the highways striking against the pricing.

There is talks about a strike April 1st.. i doubt all truckers could stick together though.. Search google on Truckers Strike.. Theres def alot of chatter about it.
<<

GraphicDisorder

Site Admin

Post Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:33 pm

Jeff AcrophobiA wrote:
CamberBrandt wrote:I really think the diesel prices will have to stabalize again...

There is talks about a strike April 1st.. i doubt all truckers could stick together though.. Search google on Truckers Strike.. Theres def alot of chatter about it.

Bottom line is if the gas prices dont come down, every good we purchase will increase in price to some extent. Ugh... I am glad I dont have to drive to get to work. 40mpg in the scion for the 15 miles it gets put on it a week.
<<

Chris..

Site Moderator

Post Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:40 pm

diesel prices scare me... thats why I drive an integra gsr everyday lol.

Sure a diesel truck would be nice, but like everyone else is saying now is the WRONG time to buy one. If you wait a bit you can probably get it for WAY less than retail if these prices continue.
C10 will be done NEVER!!!? show season be on the look out!!!! SOLD!!!!!!!
Next

Return to Tow Pigs/Trailers