FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

New tow pig and trailer.

Moderator: Moderators

<<

royalblueblood

DONATING MEMBER

Post Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:05 pm

New tow pig and trailer.

My first one. Picked up the truck from my work as an off-lease vehicle from a cable company (Penske Truck Leasing) at a VERY good price. 2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD with a 6.0l gas engine and 106000 miles on it. Added a K&N Cold air,Husky floor mats, A Husky molded box for under the back seat for storage and just a bunch of normal maint. items.

Got the trailer on July 10 from Kaufman Trailers. Guess you could call it a 2010 Kaufman 19ft full deck. I added a bunch of options as well.It would start out as a 17ft but i added the 2ft. LED lights, removable drivers fender, stake pockets with the rub rail, 7 extra d-rings, 3in c-channel under the floor and a spare tire mounted forward of the passenger trailer fender. Again a great price as well! Cant wait to try everything out. The trailer tows good, i went and picked it up in Lexington NC this past weekend. Just need to load up the Mitsu and haul it somewhere.

Also picked up a set of 4 ratchet straps with axle straps from Geno's Straps, you may have seen him at Carlisle with his tent full of straps. I know Jeff King and Tkachy both got straps from him and had nothing but good things to say, so i gave it a shot.

Last edited by royalblueblood on Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

zer0onyx

DONATING MEMBER

Post Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:10 pm

Re: New tow pig and trailer.

damn......BALLINNN
_Mitch
V8, BodyDropped Ranger in Progress...
2011 Lifted CC Sierra..Daily
<<

royalblueblood

DONATING MEMBER

Post Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:40 pm

tryin, i wanna be a ballin a fleck!
<<

roaddragger

Bagged
Bagged

Post Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:52 pm

hopefully your motor isn't tired like my truck altho my truck is a 89 and has 183,000 on it it fuckin sucks trying to climb mountains pulling a trailer on route 322 going past milroy ,pa !! that whole route going to get to route 80 sucks with this truck i have . my truck boggs down to 35mph climbing the hills pullin the trailer .

ps looks like you didn't get the tongue jack for the trailer.. I bought one off ebay for a name your offer deal i think i got it less then 20$ shipped .
<<

idrag247365

Bagged
Bagged

Post Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:09 am

royalblueblood wrote:tryin, i wanna be a ballin a fleck!

lmao atleast you didnt get a fleck tat
MITCH-addiction disorder -THOSE GUYS
<<

royalblueblood

DONATING MEMBER

Post Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:57 am

I did get the jack, and dam man you are observant! I just had it off on the trip home. I'm not sure why, i took it off just to see how it worked and just left it off. As for the motor it doesn`t seem tired. I was cursing along empty, cruise on 68 and the rpm's @ 2400, on the hills it would shift, jump to 2600 rpm, and keep the 68 with no trouble. A loaded trailer will be much different but i`m thinking it will be alright. When the times is rite, and i find the right truck, ill be going diesel. Maybe

Mitch, your nuts!
<<

roaddragger

Bagged
Bagged

Post Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:53 pm

:ohnoes: lol sorry i tend to look at alot of things when i see peoples new toys well look for things that i know are missing . don't ask me to find something that is missing on a custom truck tho unless i know the truck top to bottom :) The trailer i was pullin was a 77 starcraft popup converted to a utility trailer the trailer was empty with exception of a 46 inch cut cub cadet riding mower . the next time i climb that hill area (without trailer in tow) i'll stop and snap some pics so you could see the incline i had to climb. obviously it effects tractor trailers and it seems it effects trucks towing trailers , but they're not effected as bad my truck towing up those hills..

Attachments
PICT1668.JPG
<<

dirty

DONATING MEMBER

Post Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:43 pm

looks good. i like my kaufman trailer
wish i knew you came down. lexington is about 1.5 hrs from me

you get some bbq while you were here?
www.itdontstop.com
<<

royalblueblood

DONATING MEMBER

Post Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:45 pm

nope but i got a sammich at hooters. we done have those up here. i also had hardees, we lack those too! i drove all day friday, slept at harveys, and drove all day saturday, it was a long ass ride, but i enjoyed the time just crusing!
<<

royalblueblood

DONATING MEMBER

Post Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:09 pm

Next

Return to Tow Pigs/Trailers