FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

AT&T Doubling 3G Speed (And SEXTUPLING Soon)!!!

Moderator: Moderators

<<

GroundedSST

DONATING MEMBER

Post Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:06 pm

AT&T Doubling 3G Speed (And SEXTUPLING Soon)!!!

AT&T is doing some big network upgrades. The current 3G cap on the AT&T network is 3.6 megabits per second - that'd be increasing to 7.2 Mb/s. They're doing software upgrades
at all the base stations to get this boost.

HSPA (the technology behind AT&T's "3G" network) can be pushed to 14.4 MB/s - but due to technical issues and the readiness of HSPA+ (call it 4G), AT&T will be skipping over that upgrade to move their network to full on 4G HSPA+ later this year. That's speeds of up to 21 Mb/s, nearly 6 times what they've currently got.

This could be the "significantly faster internet speeds" rumored to be coming on the new iPhones rolling out this June.

With the rumors of Apple gearing up for a slightly larger touchscreen device, plus this new high-speed network... and the addition of HD content in iTunes Store as well as HD iPhone video output in upcoming models... streaming media is getting so much better.

I can't wait to get my new iphone this summer!
<<

sakustoms

DONATING MEMBER

Post Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:43 am

Re: AT&T Doubling 3G Speed (And SEXTUPLING Soon)!!!

woooo hoooo.. I've been on my bosses back at work to get us iphones. Hopefully he can pull it off. Then I can get rid of my crap Nextel.
Eric

Specialty Auto Kustoms
<<

GraphicDisorder

Site Admin

Post Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:49 am

I still have the first gen iPhone and will be upgrading to whatever they launch in June. Hoping for 32/64gb phones!
<<

GroundedSST

DONATING MEMBER

Post Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:45 pm

CamberBrandt wrote:I still have the first gen iPhone and will be upgrading to whatever they launch in June. Hoping for 32/64gb phones!

me to broski.
<<

blazinfnestyle

17 Inch Wheels
17 Inch Wheels

Post Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:25 pm

nice.... but i'll bet all the 3g phone that are capable of "4g" will have it locked out so you have to buy a new one. another way to make you spend money.
-matt
<<

GroundedSST

DONATING MEMBER

Post Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:54 pm

blazinfnestyle wrote:nice.... but i'll bet all the 3g phone that are capable of "4g" will have it locked out so you have to buy a new one. another way to make you spend money.

Its not really a new chipset just an updated 3g but dubbed "4G". Should work the same on all the 3g phones. The 3.0 software is going to be siccck.

Return to Computers/Tech Toys