<<

PGRich

17 Inch Wheels
17 Inch Wheels

Post Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:01 am

2009 Carlisle - it's never too early...

Hi guys/gals...
couple things for you:

One, yesterday in the management meeting I commented that each show already has 2 people registered for 2009 except Corvette has 3. So Lance Miller, co-owner and Corvette Event Manager, put out a challenge to see who could get the most people registered by next Monday! So I need your help...if you know you're coming to All-Truck in 2009, register NOW: http://store.carlisleevents.com/merchan ... _Code=CAN8
And if you're coming to Performance & Style 2009, register NOW: http://store.carlisleevents.com/merchan ... Code=CPASG
This way you lock in the price and you have one less thing to think about over the winter!

Two, I am always listening to your feedback, so if there is anything you want to see for 2009 let me hear it. Bands, Special Guests, Special Displays, Activities, Anything...at this point I'll take it all in and see what pans out based on budget and logistics.

Thanks!
I'm looking for a job...10+ years of event & marketing experience and I have a BA in Advertising/Marketing. Relocation possible. Any suggestions PM me. Thanks!
<<

ShadyBuilt

DONATING MEMBER

Post Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:54 pm

Re: 2009 Carlisle - it's never too early...

I've always wondered what the possibility would be to get the minis down on the flat ground area for once, instead of on the 45 degree side of Mt.Carlisle.
<<

Rochlow

17 Inch Wheels
17 Inch Wheels

Post Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:06 pm

I have to agree with the backside of Mt. Carlisle... I don't even look at the trucks up there cause I have to climb that damn hill..
///RA, VT
<<

PGRich

17 Inch Wheels
17 Inch Wheels

Post Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:06 am

Well, the two of you I'm confused...you're ///RA and No Regrets...both of those clubs have tents in the lower field?? Other than that, it isn't a mini thing vs other trucks...it is judged vs non-judged. If you're in the judged showfield it is on the infield, non-judged is on "Mt Carlisle." I hope that explains it. If anyone in this company would cater to the mini's it's me, so let me know what else you want and I'll see if I can make it happen!
I'm looking for a job...10+ years of event & marketing experience and I have a BA in Advertising/Marketing. Relocation possible. Any suggestions PM me. Thanks!
<<

Thehighanlowlife

DONATING MEMBER

Post Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:37 am

I think the truck limbo is kinda cool...I also think a demolition derby would be kind of cool to see back where like the tuff trucks are maybe? Also how come mini truckin doesnt cover the all truck nats?
<<

blazinfnestyle

17 Inch Wheels
17 Inch Wheels

Post Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:26 am

minitruckin seems to think the northeast is dead.... we're still alive and kickin tho
-matt
<<

Thehighanlowlife

DONATING MEMBER

Post Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:29 am

if they only knew... lol
<<

ShadyBuilt

DONATING MEMBER

Post Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:56 am

PGRich wrote:Well, the two of you I'm confused...you're ///RA and No Regrets...both of those clubs have tents in the lower field?? Other than that, it isn't a mini thing vs other trucks...it is judged vs non-judged. If you're in the judged showfield it is on the infield, non-judged is on "Mt Carlisle." I hope that explains it. If anyone in this company would cater to the mini's it's me, so let me know what else you want and I'll see if I can make it happen!

I have been going to the show for 12 years now and never really paid attention to the judged/non-judged stuff. I have always just done non-judged. I have never really seen to many minis in the infield though, so I guess most of them do non-judged. It seems like even if they were suppose to be in the infield to show off in the judged section, most just park up top anyway to be with everyone else. I'd say maybe for just one year to get the minis in the infield, you suggest this scenario to the company.
Since everyone frowns upon cruising the showfield, why not put the judged trucks up top so they will be by the judging area, preventing a majority of the "cruising". And actually, the guy with the huge jacked up red fullsize ford that was parked at the No Regrets tent on saturday, got yelled at for "cruising" with his wife in the truck while driving back from being judged. All he was trying to do was go back and park. He is a man probably late 30's early 40's, who was really upset that he was told to park it when he had good intentions in the first place to do so. They probably will say we want the "best" trucks displayed where everyone can see them on the infield, but who knows.
Its nothing that really bothers me, it was just something I have noticed over the years.
<<

BaggedMiniz

Bagged
Bagged

Post Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:30 pm

ShadyBuilt wrote:They probably will say we want the "best" trucks displayed where everyone can see them on the infield, but who knows.
Its nothing that really bothers me, it was just something I have noticed over the years.

worst part is there's a lot of sick trucks passed the hill. Some more deserving to be in the infield than others. Also, for those who have to trailer projects and everything in, its a real pain in the ass unloading trucks that doesn't run or has no brakes on a hill. I mean, we've done it twice now with two of Jason's trucks and nothing has happened, but it the fact of "what if" something happened.

Another one of my concerns, being media, is for the drag session. This year we were told to get out of the middle grass and to get with everyone else behind the orange fence that isn't gonna do anything if a 3000 - 4000 pound truck comes crashing into it. At P&S before me and Jason entered into the drifting area we had to sign waivers. Why not do the same for the drag session so we can actually get good shots? I was struggling to get any kind of good footage where i was at. I understand you don't want people hurt, but if we wanna be put in harms way so we can get a good shot, that's our stupidity. lol... that's why we have waivers. Also (and this might be the ppl who attend faults), the burnout competition at Truck Nats has been really bad the last 2 years. We left half way thru cuz it just wasn't interesting and the trucks that do it usually aren't anything to look at. once again that's probably participants faults, not yours. Everything else is great tho.

As far as P&S goes, the music on stage last year was WAY TOO LOUD!!! I had friends in the stands texting me saying "tell the dj to turn down the music, we can't hear anything." As far as when you have a stunt show or burnouts happening, people don't wanna hear only music, they wanna hear engines. Also i enjoyed when you had CCE there with the hydro cars. Got some great pics from that and lets face it, everyone likes seeing things get destroyed lol... Everything else at P&S is GREAT! I really have enjoyed every show since Carlisle brought it back. Always something to do or watch and always a great time.
1994 Chevy S-10 PROJECT THREAD
1986 Toyota Pickup (Daily)
Street Spec Kustoms
Kustom Auto Tech (717)334-1366
http://www.myspace.com/baggedminiz
<<

Silver Jogger

DONATING MEMBER

Post Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:22 am

i got one little suggestion and it may sound dumb to alot of you, but if you use someones truck on your shirt, give them one or two, i spent 60 friggin bux on 3 shirts cause my truck was on it and the lady in the store wouldnt throw me a bone... :ohnoes:
-------Acrophobia------
----Delaware Chapter----

Next

Return to 2008