FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

2009 Carlisle - it's never too early...

Moderator: Moderators

<<

drgn-hrdr-thn-ur-trk

Site Admin

Post Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:41 pm

Re: 2009 Carlisle - it's never too early...

Flamed360 wrote:i got one little suggestion and it may sound dumb to alot of you, but if you use someones truck on your shirt, give them one or two, i spent 60 friggin bux on 3 shirts cause my truck was on it and the lady in the store wouldnt throw me a bone... :ohnoes:

same thing happend to me @ indy. dude in the event tshirt booth almost got some thunder & lightning :D
//NC\\ New Jersey
<<

IZZYBLU

Drop Kit
Drop Kit

Post Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:41 pm

Price of fame don't come cheap!
<<

BaggedMiniz

Bagged
Bagged

Post Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:51 pm

Flamed360 wrote:i got one little suggestion and it may sound dumb to alot of you, but if you use someones truck on your shirt, give them one or two, i spent 60 friggin bux on 3 shirts cause my truck was on it and the lady in the store wouldnt throw me a bone... :ohnoes:

got nothing to stand on legally?
1994 Chevy S-10 PROJECT THREAD
1986 Toyota Pickup (Daily)
Street Spec Kustoms
Kustom Auto Tech (717)334-1366
http://www.myspace.com/baggedminiz
<<

PGRich

17 Inch Wheels
17 Inch Wheels

Post Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:22 pm

The judged trucks on the hill and the non-judged on the infield because of driving around does make since. And I actually have thought about that pretty seriously over the past year because of the few complaints I had about cruising. I may be looking into some showfield adjustments this year so I'll keep you posted on changes. I want to create an area for classic trucks. The F-100 Nationals gets 1000+ trucks in Tenn and we get about 5 of them. So I want to create an area for all classic trucks and give the classic truck vendors priority to set up near that area.

I like the truck limbo idea too. Couple things: One, I didn't want people in Ohio to think I stole the idea and brought it to Carlisle. Two, someone with a chop top always wins unless we get into classes of chop vs not chopped. I think for 2009 we're going to start out with pulling the trucks up on 2x4's to see who can layout the best.

Demo Derby, that is cool, but I think my Controller would have a heart attack if I suggested it. Also, with the Corvette show having an auto cross event back there two weeks later clean up would need to be perfect and that would suck.

The Event T's...you're barking up the wrong tree there :) I get pissed because I don't even get a free shirt! Every year i have had to order an extra 'event judge' shirt to get something on it with the show logo. This year I made them put the artwork on the judges shirt so I could get one :twisted:

The media and the drag session, I've mentioned it in another post, but you were supposed to be allowed into the middle area and I'm sorry it didn't work out this year. I actually thought about it about half way through because there wasn't anyone in the middle like in 2007. I know the head of security knew it was ok, so he didn't make it trickle down to the people staffing the area.

Thanks for letting me know about the DJ at P&S. I had no idea it was too loud because i don't think I was up there.

Mini Truckin' coverage, I'm going to hopefully get that handled. I think last year it was a conflict of interest because they didn't want to show another truck show happened the same weekend as Havoc that had more trucks. Since this year we worked together to get the shows off each other I think they'll be a little more open to coverage and I am hoping to set up a meeting with Mike at SEMA to invite him out personally (I don't think he's ever been here).

Thanks for the ideas guys. This is great so keep it going! Oh, if any of you registered last week - thank you - because Truck came in with more registered than Corvette. Chrysler and Ford beat me out, but I was only worried about beating Lance (the owner) because it was his challenge!
I'm looking for a job...10+ years of event & marketing experience and I have a BA in Advertising/Marketing. Relocation possible. Any suggestions PM me. Thanks!
<<

Thehighanlowlife

DONATING MEMBER

Post Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:36 pm

i no carlisles like a "family" show but does that mean we couldnt do like a wet t contest? like maybe off grounds and 18 to enter or whatever kinda like lowrollers
<<

PGRich

17 Inch Wheels
17 Inch Wheels

Post Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:13 am

Off grounds?? What would you guys say if we rented a section of a nearby RV Park? $10 to get in or $40 to camp for the weekend? We'd have a band or DJ and some other fun night life activities like Wet-T or something. Just tossing it out there for now to see if people would go.
I'm looking for a job...10+ years of event & marketing experience and I have a BA in Advertising/Marketing. Relocation possible. Any suggestions PM me. Thanks!
<<

FCKNLOW

Stock Floored
Stock Floored

Post Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:58 pm

how about no diesels sitting there throwing soot while the drag contest is going on....that was fucking gay. :cuss:
-Zach-
<<

Thehighanlowlife

DONATING MEMBER

Post Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:58 pm

PGRich wrote:Off grounds?? What would you guys say if we rented a section of a nearby RV Park? $10 to get in or $40 to camp for the weekend? We'd have a band or DJ and some other fun night life activities like Wet-T or something. Just tossing it out there for now to see if people would go.

Im gonna be honest... I have been to the all truck nationals for the past 5 years and carlisle seemed really week this year like not many trucks showed up it seemed like. In all honesty i think these things would help out alot. But whats really killing this show is the local police. I completely 100% agree they have a job to do and laws are laws. BUT these guys are taking it too far out there with sitting at the toles and pulling you over soon as you come through for dumb things. I no you guys have no control over that but maybe try talking to the local police department and asking them to be a little more reasonable? lol
<<

PGRich

17 Inch Wheels
17 Inch Wheels

Post Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:00 pm

We meet with the local PD each year and tell them to lay off and they say OK in the meeting, but we all know how it plays out. It sucks and if there was a way for us to control it better we would.
As for the number of trucks being down, yes and no, the big rig count was down, but the regular showfield was flat from last year. Which in these times of shows dropping by 30-50% I'll take flat!
I'll see what I can do about getting some more "fun" stuff going on in 2009. I have a few things written down on my whiteboard that I hope pan out that I'll fill you in as they do.
Thanks for the feedback - as always - keep it coming!
<<

truckcrazys10

17 Inch Wheels
17 Inch Wheels

Post Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:47 pm

suggestion on special guest, we should try to get STACY DAVID back to the all truck nationals!!! I had the oppurtunity to meet him in 06' but it wAs a little crowded at his signing and the time frame for it was a little short! im a huge fan of his work and wouldn't mind meeting him, so just to throw it out there... Also we should try to get the new TRUCKS host(s) with there mini truck project i would love to see it up close (just an idea)
PreviousNext

Return to 2008